Outsourcing is a business practice in which a company hires third-party to do tasks and provide services for the company. This is mostly popular with the advent of technology.
Companies can outsource services or tasks such as IT services and customer services. But nowadays, some even outsource administrative tasks, human resources, bookkeeping and payroll processing to name a few.
In sum, outsourcing can involve hiring a whole department or an individual depending on the company’s needs. Is outsourcing right for you? In this article, we would take a look at what outsourcing is and whether or not it is the best for you.
What is Outsourcing and How does It Work?
How Does Outsourcing Works?
Outsourcing is about managing relationships and partnership more than service level agreements. Moreover, it necessarily includes working with a person that do not have sufficient knowledge about the company. And though there are certainly wide array of benefits, a question now arises: how do you maintain and ensure the quality of work?
As to the exit clause of a service agreement, you need to ensure that the involved parties fulfill their obligations and stay committed until the contract is done. That is the key ingredient to sustainable partnership.
In this aspect, outsourcing greatly matters. It allows businesses to focus on other bigger issues while the details are taken care of by the outside experts or VA. When done right, outsourcing can be the difference between a good and a better business. Therefore, it is very important to know the benefits of hiring an extra pair of hands.
Key Reasons for Outsourcing Virtual Assistant
There are tons of benefits why companies opt to outsource, here are a few:
- Outsourcing VA is cheaper than a hiring a full time employee
- It also improves efficiency
- Lastly, it speeds up the work as it is done by experts
Now, we take a look at the different outsourcing categories a company need to take into consideration.
Different Outsourcing Categories:
- Diary and database management (which is also very important in data protection)
- Reports, presentations, and correspondence
- Working with staff, suppliers, and clients
- and also general administration duties
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
- Book keepers
- Accounts payable assistants
- and also accounts admin assistants
- Telephone and email support (yes, our VA’s have excellent English skills to talk to clients on the phone)
- Live chat set up and management
- Technical support
- and also CRM management
- Social media marketing and Email marketing (but these involve a totally different range of expertise)
- Facebook, Instagram, Google, and YouTube paid ads
- and also video marketing
- Content creation
- Video editing
- Graphic design
- and also Web design
- Employee or client contracts
- Preparing and sending reports and presentation (specifically on human resource)
- Incident reports
- Staff database updates
- Writing job descriptions
- Interviewing potential hirees
- and also Planning and executing recruitment ads
WEB DEVELOPMENT (on a project basis)
- Web software and development
- Building new sites
- Custom coding
- Web page content and resources
- Function testing
- and also IT help desk support
- Appointment setting
- CRM Management
- Data cleansing
- and also sales agent diary management
Now that you know the benefits and the categories of outsourcing, you have to assess your business. You must decide whether outsourcing is perfect for you.
If you would like to have a chat about hiring a virtual assistant from the Philippines to help save you time and increase the profitability of your business, please reach out to us via email at email@example.com or book a time in our online calendar at levelupoutsourcing.com/contact-us